Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicken with Artichokes and Lemon

I had been looking forward to making this recipe all week.  I found it in the May issue of ALL YOU, and it just looked so yummy.  I have to say, I was very disappointed.  The lemon flavor was way too strong for me, but if you like lemon, you'll probably love it.  I will more than likely make it another time (leaving the lemon out).  My husband loved the lemon flavor. 

The recipe was pretty high in points - 5 per serving, and realistically, you'll probably want two serving like me, which brought the points up to 11 just for the chicken mix.  If you wanted to experiement, you could probably skip the white wine and use chicken broth and get a similar result.

I paired my meal with the quick and easy Uncle Ben's microwavable rice, which I was so excited to find out is 2 points per serving (1 cup). Yahoo!

Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (you could easily leave this out too in order to save points)
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 cup white wine
1 12oz jar artichocke hearts, drained and chopped
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 TSP finely chopped fresh thyme

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.  Warm oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides (I would go for about 10 minutes total - until chicken is almost cooked through).

Add wine and artichokes and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through.  Transfer chicken and lemon slices to a platter.

Stir thyme into sauce and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.  Pour over chicken and serve.

6 Servings............................................................................................5 points per serving


No comments:

Post a Comment