Monday, May 2, 2011

Fast and Easy (and Cheap!) Lunch

I didn't have a whole lot of points to use for lunch today - we are having Mexican for dinner, and I was also short on time.  For those of you who don't know me personally, I have a small in-home daycare.  Today we were filled to capacity - 6 under the age of 4 (including one newborn).  So as the kids were eating their lunch, I scrambled around for something that I could easily whip together.  I pulled out this can of soup:

I plugged it in to WW, and came up with 6 points for the can.  I drain out almost all of the liquid out of mine, so I mostly just have the veggies.  I paired it with two pieces of 98% FF wheat bread from Meijer, and topped the bread with "No Ifs, Ands, or Butter." 


The total points value was 8.  If I get hungry later, I plan on eating some of the cantaloupe that I got on sale so I can save my points for our yummy dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment