Friday, May 20, 2011

Ham Steak and Sauteed Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes

I made this simple version of ham steak for dinner last night.  I love cooking with ham steak.  It's pretty inexpensive at the store, and cooks super fast.  To add some flavor (and 0 points), I put 1/4 TSP of chili powder and 1/4 TSP of cinnamon on the ham steak before cooking it.

I wasn't too sure about this green bean recipe before I made it, but let me tell you, it was amazing.  I hardly left any green beans for my husband!

Sauteed Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes

1 (12 oz) package of pretrimmed green beans (I used french-style)
1 TBSP light stick butter
8 cherry tomatoes, halved (I used 10 grape tomatoes)
1/4 TSP salt
1 TBSP chopped fresh basil
1/8 TSP black pepper

Microwave green beans according to package directions and drain.

While green beans cook, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add tomatoes and salt.  Saute 4 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.  Press tomatoes against the pan with a spatula to release juices.

Add beans.  Saute 1 minute or until heated.  Stir in basil and pepper.

4 Servings (1 piece of ham is 3 points) and 2/3 cup of green beans is 1 point.

1 comment:

  1. 2 of my fav things....couponing and weight watchers!!!!!! I'll have to sit down with a cup of coffee sometime and catch up on all of your fav w.w. meals!!

    Abi Byrd
    www.apeekinsidethebyrdsnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete