Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pistou Tilapia and Sauteed Zucchini with Bell Pepper

When I got married, I was so nervous because I didn't know how to cook.  Sure, I could whip a few things up from a box, but it was pretty limited.  My husband comes from an Italian family, and his mom is always making meals from scratch, so cooking for them was always daunting to me.  I started learning to cook by using the Kraft Food magazines, and I'm proud to say that now I've graduated to "real" cookbooks.  This meal seriously took about 8 minutes to make and looked (and tasted) like it came from a 5 Star Restaurant.  And even better, it was very inexpensive.  I think it cost about $6 total.

Pistou Tilapia

1/2 cup of fresh minced basil
1 TBSP Olive oil
1/2 TSP salt
1/4 TSP black pepper
2 minced garlic cloves
4 (6oz) skinless tilapia fillets (or halibut)
Cooking spray

Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.  Rub over both sides of fillets.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add fillets.  Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until desire degree of doneness.

4 Servings (1 fillet per serving).............................................................................5 PP Per Serving


Sauteed Zucchini and Bell Pepper

1 TSP olive oil
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell pepper (I used a red pepper I already had)
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 TSP salt

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add zucchini and remaining ingredients.  Saute 7 minutes.

4 Servings (1/2 cup per serving).......................................................................1 PP per serving

I also added a serving of the 90-second Uncle Ben's rice in the pouch for 2 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment