Thursday, April 14, 2011

Balsalmic Chicken with Mushrooms

Last night I made this WW recipe for dinner.  It came off of the website.  Very tasty....even my husband said it is one of his new favorite meals, and he doesn't do "diet food."

2 TSP Vegetable oil
3 TBSP balsalmic vinegar
2 TSP dijon mustard
1 clove minced garlic
1 lb. uncooked skinless chicken breasts
2 cups mushrooms, halved
1/3 cup canned chicken broth
1/4 TSP dried thyme

In nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp. of oil

In a medium bowl, mix 2 TBSP of vinegar, the mustard and garlic.  Add chicken and turn to coat.

Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet.  Saute chicken until cooked through (about 8 minutes on each side for me).  Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm.

Heat remaining TSP of oil in skillet.  Saute mushrooms for 1 minute.  Add broth, thyme and remaining TBSP of vinegar.  Cook, stirring until mushrooms are deep brown.

Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.


I added cauliflower and cheese, and boxed mashed potatoes for our dinner.  Total, my dinner was 10 points (I ate two portions of cauliflower).

No comments:

Post a Comment