Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chicken, Mushroom, and Brown Rice Slow Cooker Casserole

This was a super easy, extremely yummy dinner.  I only have a small crockpot, so I cooked 5 chicken thighs instead of 8.  I ended up eating two portions, because I had been saving my points all day.  It was worth it!

2 sprays of cooking spray
8 skinless chicken thighs
2 c. canned chicken broth (reduced-sodium)
1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced (I used regular white mushrooms, because that's what I had)
1 c. leek, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced, washed carefully (Bought this at Meijer)
1 c. carrot, thinly sliced
1 c. celery, thinly sliced
3/4 c. uncooked brown rice
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium heat.  Add the chicken thighs and brown (turning once).  Set aside.

Combine the remaining ingredients in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.  Nestle the chicken thighs in the mixture.  Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.

8 servings.......................................5 points per serving (1 chicken thigh and 2/3 c. of rice/veggie mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment