Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beginning Weight Watcher Plus Points

So, last night was my first meeting back at Weight Watchers.  I have 24.4 lbs to go to get back to Lifetime status.  I was very encouraged after learning about the new PointsPlus system, and even more excited to decide to train for a 5K that my WW group will be participating in on June 4, 2011.

I am going to be creating my meals for next week and letting you know what we'll be eating and what's on my grocery list.  Let me encourage you....Don't be afraid to use what you already have, even if it's not "diet food."  I entered some of the foods I had already planned for dinners this week, and most were 6-8 points per serving.  As long as you eat well for breakfast and dinner, eating a serving of "normal" food with a big salad or veggies on the side should work just fine, and it will help you save money at the grocery store.

Here's Our Dinner for Tonight.  It makes 8 servings and each serving is 8 points (how I prepared it, you may want to check the points online yourself if you prepare any part of it differently).

Chicken Poulet (8 PP for 1/8th of the Dish):
     1/2 c. (1 stick) Margarine
     1 c. Water
     1 6oz Package of Stuffing (I used Meijer Brand)
     4 eggs
     2 c. Chicken Broth (I used Swansons)
     2 cans of Chicken Breast in Water (you can also use 2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts)
     1/2 c. Mayo (I used Miracle Whip)
     1/4 c. chopped green onions
     Sprinkling of Salt
     1 c. fat-free milk
     1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
     1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (I did not use a "diet" cheese, just regular Sargento's)

Mix together water and margarine and melt in the microwave.  In another bowl mix stuffing, water/margarine mix, 2 eggs, and chicken broth.  In a separate bowl, mix chicken, mayo, and green onions.

Place half of stuffing mix in the bottom of pan (I used 9x13).  Top with all of chicken mix.  Sprinkle with salt and top with remaining stuffing mix.  Mix together the other 2 eggs and the milk.  Pour this egg mix over the pan.  Cover and refridgerate for 8 hours.

Preheat oven to 350.  Before baking, remove cover and spread cream of mushroom soup over the top.  Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.  Remove from oven, top with shredded cheese, and return to oven for 5 minutes. 

(Adapted from the Southern Plate cookbook).

No comments:

Post a Comment