Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Eating on the Road - Chicken Salad

This past week I took my daughter to South Carolina to visit family for the Easter holiday.  I had just come off of a rockin' week at WW, and I really wanted to keep up my momentum (Sadly, I failed, but that's another story).  I decided to pack all of our food for the way down, so that we wouldn't have to eat fast food.  I made a picnic for us to eat at a rest stop (that also allowed us to spend some time playing).  I made a WW chicken salad sandwich and brought some fruit and cheese for a low-point meal.

Chicken Salad

3/4 lb. roasted chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (chopped) - I used 2 cans of chicken breast.
1/3 cup of dill pickles, finely diced
1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
2 TBSP reduced-fat sour cream
2 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
1 TSP dijon mustard
1 TSP lemon juice
1/2 TSP table salt
1/4 TSP black pepper

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.

6 servings (2/3 cup per serving)...............................................3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment