Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ham and Cheese Omelet

This came from the Weight Watchers PP getting started book (I received it in the meeting).  I made a full recipe for my husband, and then halved it for myself.  I left out ham in mine, and added green peppers and mushrooms to both (did not changed points values).  My husband ate it with tater tots, but they were 5 points for 9 pieces, so I just ate strawberries with mine.

2 Large Eggs
4 Large Egg Whites
1/8 TSP of hot pepper sauce (I used Tabasco)
1/4 TSP of salt
1/8 TSP of black pepper
2 TBSP scallions, minced (I didn't use scallions, but added onions)
1 spray cooking spray
1/2 cup cooked lean ham, finely diced (I used deli meat)
1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese (I used shredded cheddar)

In a large bowl, beat together everything except cheese and ham.

Coat nonstick skillet with spray.  Heat over medium heat.  Pour in egg mixture so bottom is completely covered.  Cook until eggs are almost set, about 5 minutes.  Sprinkle ham and cheese over eggs.  Using a spatula, gently fold in half.  Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.

2 Servings, 5 points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment