Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easy, Filling, Yummy (and Inexpensive) 5 Point Lunch

We ran out of bread today, so I decided to get creative with my lunch.  I've been eating a salad or wrap pretty much every day, and I really wasn't in the mood for that again.  So I looked in my fridge and pantry and I came up with this very satisfying 5 point lunch.  Every thing you see was bought on sale and/or with a coupon, so you can use coupons and eat well!

I pulled out these ingredients and popped them into the Points Plus calculator.  The flatbread crisps were 4 points (for 6 crackers) - a lot if you are eating them as a snack, but not too bad as the base for my meal.  The Delifresh brown sugar ham was 1 point (for 6 slices), and the Laughing Cow light swiss cheese was 1 point.  I layered the cheese on the crackers and topped with the ham.  I paired it with a salad of mixed greens, and 2 TBSP of Kraft light Balsamic Vinegarette dressing (for 1 point).  Total of 5 points!

No comments:

Post a Comment